Thursday, January 29, 2009

Guest Post: Guacamole Highway

Ok, this next poem is by Guest Blogger Genevieve. It's also about food. And it's a song! Sung to "Every Day is a Winding Road" by Sheryl Crow. And here it is:


Cruisin' on the Guacamole Highway

I've often driven down that guacamole highway
Those guacamole fishes give me a smile
I got behind their guacamole school bus
And we were driving for quite a while
Eat those corn chips
Look up, and smile at the fish
All the fishies are high
All the fishies are low
I can't say more, 'cause that's all I know
Every road is a guacamole road
Drive a little bit faster.
Every watch says a guacamole time
Drive a little bit faster,
We're feelin' fine.


Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I had another weird obsession in 7th grade. It was with guacamole fish. Yes, guacamole fish. I don't even know what that means at this point, but apparently, when I was 12, I thought the idea of a fish made out of guacamole was all the rage. Whatever, I was a weird kid. But at least I wasn't alone in my weirdness; thank god for a friend who would write songs about guacamole fish with me.

3 comments:

  1. I think I remember that the guacamole fish swam in guacamole, they weren't made of guacamole. Somehow it stemmed from me not liking guacamole, for some reason. Nonetheless, the guacamole fish obsession is really weird. "Don't Diss the Fish?" Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes! You are right. They were not made of guacamole, but they WERE genetically engineered. And Don't Diss the Fish indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete